In the video below, Coach A highlights one of his favorite zone offense quick hitters that has teams scrambling to get out of the zone because of the wide open looks his team gets out of this! Check out the video below for a great play to add to your zone offense playbook!
A few quick pointers to remember for this zone offense:
- The guy sealing the middle guy of the zone must not stay in the lane for too long
- The point guard HAS to read the outside guy on the bottom of the zone.
- If he chooses to guard the guy on the inside, the guard will be open on the baseline for a 3.
- If he chooses to guard the guy on the outside, your wing should be open for a wide-open layup.
- Your point guard must make good passes & force the top guys in the zone to guard him.